EPIC® Educating Physicians in their Communities and Educating Physicians and Practices in their Communities are registered trademarks of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. All rights reserved.
1350 Spring Street NW, Suite 700
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
In their Communities
Georgia Breastfeeding Coalition (GBC)
Improving and maintaining the health of Georgia’s families by protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding.
For more information, please visit the GBC website at www.GeorgiaBreastfeedingCoalition.org
Making breastfeeding the cultural and social norm throughout Georgia.
- Breastfeeding is a valuable Georgia resource.
- Breastfeeding is not only the normal way to feed infants and young children, but an essential component of public health.
- Georgia families deserve a coordinated system of care that offers assistance from pre-conception to weaning.
- The right of mothers to breastfeed should be protected. Mothers have the right to make an informed choice in how they feed their babies.
- Healthcare providers and facilities are responsible for supporting breastfeeding as the normal method of infant and young child feeding.
- Providing support for breastfeeding employees is good for business in Georgia.
- Peer support is a critical component in breastfeeding success.
What GBC Does:
- Provide a network of breastfeeding resources, via the ZipMilk Georgia Project
- Provide support for our local Georgia Breastfeeding Coalitions and Task Forces
- Support the normalization of breastfeeding for Georgia Mothers, Babies, and Families via the Express Your SuperPower 5/10K. This year’s run/walk is September 30, 2017. Click here to register.
- We support the annual signing of the Governor's Breastfeeding Proclamation, local World Breastfeeding Week events, and the annual GBC Breastfeeding Awards
- Maintain the GBC website to aid in sharing important information about supporting breastfeeding.
- Participate in multidisciplinary fact finding groups on topics that pertain to breastfeeding and Georgia
- Assist and provide support for lactation education programs in Georgia
- We have many local coalitions. Click here to find the closest coalition to you.